Adult Education Opportunities
“Grow Groups” are short-term small group learning opportunities for Adult and Youth offered seasonally (Fall, Winter, Spring). These groups offer another opportunity for deepening of faith and connection with others. On occasion the Grow Groups may follow an all church theme, integrated into Worship and a Sermon series. At other times the Grow Group offerings are an elective basis, featuring a variety of topics. The average Grow Group experience is about six weeks. Groups meet in homes and at the church on a variety of days. Sign up is voluntary and by affinity of interest or schedule.
Our next Grow Group Opportunity will be in the Winter of 2018 featuring two topics presented in multiple groups:
- Unstuck is a video and discussion driven study featuring Francis Chan, Lisa Harper, Rich Stearns and Mark Batterson. Here’s a description of this study:
It’s easy for Christians to find themselves caught up in the life of cluttered schedules, rhythms, and routines dictated by our culture. Many feel stuck in the routine of life—their jobs, relationships, and daily circumstances. They know it’s not the life they dreamed of. And they feel stuck in a life yearning for deeper meaning.
- Session 1 – Unimaginable with Francis Chan
- Session 2 – Unsafe with Lisa Harper
- Session 3 – Unwanted with Rich Stearns
- Session 4 – Unstuck with Mark Batterson
- Bonus Session 5 – Journey to Jamaa Feature Film
- Colossians: A Letter From Then to Now is a video driven bible study presented by Ashley McNary. Here is what she has to say about this study:
Occasional adult elective classes or learning series are offered throughout the year.
We are currently offering the Elective study Christianity’s Family Tree with Adam Hamilton. This study meets during the 2nd hour of Sunday mornings (about 10:45 a.m.) and will conclude on December 17th.