American Baptist Youth (7th-12th Grade)
ABY focuses on a balance of four areas important to every youth group: Study, Fellowship, Worship and Service/Outreach. ABY meets regularly on Sunday mornings during our 2nd Hour (about 10:45 p.m.) and often includes lunch. Additional special activities occur for ABY such as Concerts, Service Projects, Conventions, Retreats, and Parties. See the church calendar and below for upcoming events and dates:
- Sunday, October 29th – Outing to Apple Acres
The core of what we teach our youth centers on our church’s “End In Mind” statements. These EIM statements permeate our entire Christian Education program from pre schoolers through young adults. The EIM statements reflect not only what we want our young people to know but what we want them to become.
End in Mind Statements
- God created me in His image.
- God knows me completely and He wants me to know Him intimately.
- God loves me unconditionally.
- I can trust God no matter what happens.
- I will turn to Jesus and the Bible to help me make wise choices.
- By accepting Christ, He has saved me from my sin.
- I will treat other people the way I want to be treated.
- God chooses me, every day, to show His love to the World.
- God has made me unique and has plans to use me to help others know him.