First Baptist Church's Wellness program is administered by the Health Ministry Team and seeks to promote good health among members of the congregation. A broad range of activities are provided and include:
- Blood pressure screenings once a quarter before and after Sunday morning worship. Results are recorded and compared from quarter to quarter as part of the health monitoring process.
- Flu vaccine administered in the fall--a modest donation is requested to cover the expense of the vaccine and supplies
- Periodic screening for hearing and vision as needed/requested
- Infrequent glucose and cholesterol screening
- Occasional group walking or aerobic activities to encourage good exercise habits
- Occasional elective educational programs during the Sunday School hour featuring health specialists
- An emergency responder for worship services
- Team members available to church professional staff and church family for consultation
- Healthy living tip included each month in the Messenger
Copyright © 2015 First Baptist Church Columbus Indiana. All Rights Reserved.